International Symposium on Geofluids
7-9 July 2021 – virtual event
The ENeRAG H2020 project organizes the symposium, together with the József and Erzsébet Tóth Endowed Hydrogeology Chair Foundation and the Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest Hungary.
The Symposium’s declared objective is to bring together scientists, professionals, and stakeholders to share and discuss all kinds of topics in geofluids and groundwater to understand better geothermal energy, hydrocarbon, geogenic contamination and hydrothermal mineral resources.
Main Topics and planned Sessions:
- Energy flow systems and related fluids in the lithosphere – Keynote speaker: Xiao-Wei Jiang
- Managed aquifer recharge and groundwater flow systems – Keynote speaker: Niels Hartog
- Geoenergy, thermal water and hydrocarbon systems – Keynote speaker: Inga Berre
- Natural contamination and hazards of geofluids – Keynote speaker: Daniele Pedretti
- Fluid–rock interactions and hydrogeochemical reactions – Keynote speaker: Vincent Post
Two pre-conference short courses will be organized for early-career scientists and professionals on 5-6 July 2021.
- John W. Molson: Numerical simulation of groundwater flow and heat transport processes
- Vincent Post: Hydrochemical modelling with PHREEQC and its application of fluid-rock interaction
The Symposium will be held by e-Vent.Space™©® in cooperation with Diamond Congress Ltd based on their original idea and forging their experiences from the last decades.
Supporters: The Regional Groundwater Flow, the Managed Aquifer Recharge Commissions and the Hungarian National Chapter of the International Association of Hydrogeologists.
The first circular is out! Click on the pics for more info!The official website of the event: geofluids2021.hu
Hope to see you at vGeofluids21 in July 2021!